What Can a Life Coach Help Me With?
Life coaches usually come from a variety of educational backgrounds like psychology or sociology, and most of them are very well-versed in the fields of adult development and career and life counseling.
If you think that your work/life is out of balance, or you feel that you don’t have a clear grasp on what the future holds for you, then a life coach can help clear out this fog. Your life coach will guide you through personal or professional obstacles, as well as help you fulfill your maximum potential.
Life coaches have their own specializations as well. If you have work or career concerns, then a life coach who specializes in these areas will be a better choice over a “personal” life coach. Similarly if you have concerns following a divorce or a spiritual need of some kind, a life coach with emphasis in one of those areas may be best suited for you. As with any concerns or crisis, the plan and goal is that it is eventually overcome, with that, your life needs may change which may cause for a change in a specific coaching need. The goal of your life coach is to help your through your short and long term objectives.
Some of the areas that most life coaches specialize in include:
- Relationships and intimacy
- Stress management
- Career planning
- Time management
- Personal development
The Benefits of Having a Life Coach
There’s a reason why life coaching is fast becoming a viable industry. In this day and age where public confidence is lower due to the many challenges that have faced us all at some point, including but not limited to divorce, spiraling debts, high unemployment, and single parenting, people are seeking guidance in their lives - even relatively successful people.
Life coaching is not a trend, it is a lifestyle. Each coach has a moral responsibility to uphold the very criteria asked of you. The profession has tangible benefits such as:
1. Increased work productivity
2. Increased self-confidence
3. Improved organizational skills
4. Improved social skills
5. Balanced personal-career life
6. Having an overall positive outlook for the future
Choosing a Life Coach 101: What You Need to Know
Are you seeking a life coach to partner with you on your journey? Below are a few questions that may help you in determining that:
1. Are you open to suggestions?
2. Are you open to change?
3. Are you willing to challenge yourself?
4. Do you want to take the right actions toward personal or professional progress?
If you answered “yes” to all of the questions above, then a fulfilling partnership with a life coach can be extremely beneficial to you.
The tips below can help you choose the best life coach for your needs:
1. Shop around. Life coaches vary in their methods and styles. Often coaches provide introductory meetings free of charge. This allows for both you and the life coach to determine if the match is potentially suitable for your needs.
2. When interviewing your life coach, be perceptive. The decision to choose someone to partner on your life concerns is incredibly important. . Is the coach just going through the motions or are they genuinely interested in helping you become a better version of your current self?
3. Discuss your goals with your coach. Make them as clear and as specific as possible. This way, you can easily see how a particular life coach handles and manages goal-setting for their clients.
4. If you’re uncomfortable with how your life coach guides you or you feel that things aren’t moving in the direction you had hoped, voice your concerns sooner rather than later. Clarify how you want to proceed with your coach.
Hiring a life coach takes personal, financial, and time commitment. Your coach will give you the hard truths and ask you tough questions. Your coach will guide you through disappointments and rejoice with you in times of success. This is the reason why you need to make sure that the life coach that you’ve hired is actually perceptive to your needs and has your best interests in mind. Please remember that change does not happen overnight – it’s gradual. You will be working with your life coach for a relatively long period of time and that is expected. Your life coach will help see you through your improvements.
Hopefully, this brief guide has given you a basic overview on what to expect on your first visit of an Atlanta life coach session. Whether you decide to initially meet in person, speak over the phone or communicate online, a life coach is a partner and a mentor who looks forward to helping you become the best that you will ever be.
Coaching provides practical and emotional support during your divorce or other life challenges issues that you may face. Dr. Sonja Y. Stribling has gained the educational, spiritual and life experiences which enables her in assisting you to navigate and cope with your divorce or life coaching journey. You can move forward positively and confidently into the next level of your life.
Please take the first step in your life coaching experience with Dr. Sonja Y. Stribling.
Your new life is waiting!
Schedule a Discovery Session TODAY!!
Next Level Living 7.0
1911 Grayson Hwy, Ste 8-168
Grayson, GA 30017
© COPYRIGHT NEXT LEVEL LIVING 7.0 2018. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.